Information is gathered from the Autotrader Sites by us, our service providers, advertisers, sponsors and partners.
Information You Provide. We may collect information that you choose to provide on the Autotrader Sites in a variety of ways, such as when you:
- register for one of our products or services. This information may include your name, address, telephone number, email address, Social Security Number, and credit information;
- make information available to us via social networking logins, such as Facebook or Twitter;
- express an interest in buying, selling or trading in a car (such as by using our "email the seller" function);
- participate in chats, web forums or other interactive sessions;
- apply for credit with a dealer or one of our finance partners;
- provide payment card information for one of our products or services;
- subscribe to newsletters or provide feedback; and
- participate in surveys, sweepstakes or other promotions.
Automated Information. Information regarding your use of the Autotrader Sites may be collected and/or aggregated through the use of automated means. This automatically collected information may include information such as:
- your IP address, the type of browser and operating system used;
- date and time you access the Autotrader Site and pages you visit, and if you linked from or to another website, the address of that website;
- email you open and links you click on within those emails; and
- your ISP or mobile carrier, and the type of handheld or mobile device that you used.
Data Technologies. Various technologies are used to automatically collect information, such as cookies, local shared objects, and web beacons (generally referred to as "Data Technologies". "Cookies" are small identifiers sent from a web server that are stored on your device for the purpose of identifying your browser or storing information or settings in your browser. "Local shared objects," sometimes known as Flash cookies, may be used to store your preferences or display content based upon what you have viewed on various websites to personalize your visit. A "web beacon," also known as an Internet tag, pixel tag or clear GIF, links web pages to web servers and their cookies. Anonymous advertising identifiers are increasingly being used on mobile devices and otherwise in a manner similar to cookies. When we refer to Data Technologies, we are including all current and similar future technologies.
One or more Data Technologies may be used on the Autotrader Sites and other websites and mobile applications (that may not be the Autotrader Sites) by us, by another party on our behalf, or by third parties in accordance with their privacy policies. Data Technologies may be used by us and others, on our behalf and on their own behalf, to transmit information to you or about you and connect information about you from different sources, websites, devices, and mobile applications.
We may use a uniquely generated trackable toll-free telephone number on dealer sites or in advertisements. If you call one of these uniquely generated toll-free numbers, we (or a service provider acting on our behalf) may collect non-personally identifiable information about the call (e.g. date, time, duration), as well as personally identifiable information (e.g. your name, the number from which your call originated).
Videos. We may target and track the videos you view on the Sites. You consent to our tracking of your video viewing through the Site or third party social media for up to two years or as permitted by applicable law.
Location Information.When you download or use the Autotrader Sites, we may collect physical location information that is sufficiently precise to allow us to locate a specific person or device ("Location Information"). We also may collect Location Information when you visit or are in the vicinity of one of our dealers. We only collect Location Information with your permission (e.g., such as when you agree to provide it to us after you initially access or download the Autotrader Sites). We may use Location Information and provide it to third parties to provide you with content and services that are relevant to a particular location, such as advertising, search results, dealers in the area, and directions, to evaluate and improve the Autotrader Sites, or to provide you with content and services relevant to one or more nearby dealers.
Publicly Posted Information. Information that you make available to us and others via social media networks, forums, blogs, list serves, chat rooms or similar functionality is public information that we or others may share or use in accordance with the law.
Combined Information and Information from Other Sources. We may combine information that you provide to us with information we receive from our affiliates and other sources, as well as with other information that is automatically collected. The combined information may include information about your use of the Sites, your use of other websites, devices and mobile applications and information from our affiliates and other sources.